At this time, we are not accepting Purchase Orders as part of the pre-orders program. We plan to let organizations use Purchase Orders after 9/15/20.
This Power Grid Kit includes:
- (1) Natural Gas Power Plant
- (1) Coal Power Plant
- (1) Nuclear Power Plant
- (1) Wind Farm Power Plant
- (1) Solar Power Plant
- (1) Hydro Power Plant
Transmission & Distribution Components
- (1) Power Hub w/ Long Distance Transmission Lines
- (3) Local Distribution Lines
- (1) Residential Building
- (1) Commercial Building
- (1) Industrial Building
- (1) Solar Canopy w/ Model EV
- (1) Set of Build-Your-Own Circuit Blocks
- (5) Genecon Hand Crank Generators
- (2) Solar Panels
- (30) Incandescent Bulbs
- (15) Sets of Connection Cables (Alligator and Tinned)
- (1) Wire Stripper
- (3) Motors & Wheels
- (2) Geared Solar Motors
- All components are laser cut and can be painted, stained, or clear coated.
- All electronics are now upgraded to circuit boards.
- All orders will receive access to our laser cutting files in order to produce more parts on your own.
- Orders made before August 30 will ship September 30, 2020.
- Each kit will also ship with a binder of curricular materials. We are developing a suite of curricular tools to help educators teach about the power grid. These materials can be used with the PGK system as well as on their own for those without it.
- June/July - Finalizing Prototypes & Electronics
- August/September - Production
- September 30, 2020 - Shipping
Already have a Power Grid Kit?
Over the past 2 years we have released 50 Power Grid Kit prototypes into the world. Each iteration has gone through pretty dramatic updates. We greatly appreciate the brave and eager souls who purchased the early power grid kits. You are educators with vision and your dollars have really helped us keep the innovation and production moving!
If you already have a PGK and are interested in the functionality and capacity available in version 6, send a note to email@example.com to upgrade your kit! We will provide the core components of the latest Power Grid Kit at a hefty discount.
In the past Recharge Labs had a loaner program where educators could borrow a Power Grid for two weeks at a time for $200. We fully intend to bring this program back once we have a been able to build up a new supply of loaner kits. We hope to have this program up and running by November 1, 2020. Sign up for the newsletter below to receive updates about this program.